- As solar energy moves through the atmosphere, it is ____________________________________________,
___________________________________________, or ___________________________________________.
- What is scattering?
- Reflection happens when waves _______________________________________________________
a surface they cannot _________________________________________________________.
- About what percentage of solar energy is scattered to space by the atmosphere? __________________
- Radiation that is reflected or scattered does not heat Earth. True or False (circle one)?
- When a water droplet absorbs radiation its temperature increases or decreases (circle one).
- About what percentage of radiation is absorbed by atmosphere and clouds? _____________________
- About what percentage of radiation is absorbed by Earth's surface? _____________________
- The amount of solar energy affecting the atmosphere and Earth's surface varies depending on
______________________________ and ______________________________.
- What is albedo?
- What three factors cause albedo to vary? ________________________________________
- The albedo of water is higher than the albedo of snow. True or False (circle one)?
- The albedo of sand is higher than that of the forest floor. True or False (circle one)?
- Thick clouds have ____________________________________________ albedos.
- Sun's rays striking Earth at a 10° angle have higher or lower (circle one) albedo than rays at a 50° angle.
- When the albedo increases, there is more energy to heat Earth's surface and atmosphere.
True or False (circle one)?